Sunday, March 29, 2015

Judi Thoman



Last night, I spent the evening with my writing friends sharing memories of Judi Thoman. Judi was a long-time member of The Valley of the Sun Romance Writers, a chapter of Romance Writers of America. She recently lost her battle with breast cancer and will be greatly missed.

Many of the writers who spoke last night were members of her critique group. They all said she had taken them under her wing when they first joined the chapter and helped them learn the craft of writing. They are all now published authors.

There were three thoughts I left with last night. One, I believe sharing memories and saying good-byes in small, intimate groups is beneficial. It brought a sense of piece. Second, hearing how Judi helped all of these women made me reflect on my own life. There are times in a person's life when we decide if we want to continue on the path we are on or choose a new path. Three, it is important for woman to get yearly breast exams.






No comments: