Sunday, January 8, 2012

Still Organizing - An Odd Bathroom Caddy




If you read last Sunday's post, you know I am working on improving my life for 2012, which means I have a lot of organizing to do now that I recently got married. We merged The Irish Charmer's belongings with mine in every room except for the bedroom bathroom, which I still use in the mornings.


Anyone watching television commercials knows women have many choices when it comes to personal grooming. The problem is what to do with all of those items after you buy them. I spent months trying to figure out what to put in the bathroom that wouldn't fall off the wall, rust, or somehow create a mess.


One day, I was cleaning out a kitchen cupboard and found the caddy pictured above. I believe it came with the dishwasher and is used to hold items like baby bottle caps. I immediatly knew it would solve my problem in the bathroom. It now holds razers, face cleansers, and utensils for smoothing the skin on my heels. What I like most about this caddy is I can easily lift it up when I need to cean the tub.


If you found an imaginative use of an ordinary object, I hope you will share it with us.

3 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

For me, the bathroom for some reason is one of the hardest places to organize. Just too many small items I guess.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Anonymous said...

Great idea Tina. I splurged when I moved into my new house and bought a caddy from the store. I'm on an organization binge myself. I can now pull my car into the garage!

Tina Swayzee McCright said...

The hardest place for me to organize is the spare bedroom, but I will tackle it soon.

I looked at bathroom caddies, Kim, but I couldn't find one I liked.

I will splurge for some boxes to organize a shelf in the bedroom, but I will wait for sales. I love a great sale!