Sunday, August 8, 2010

When Life Gets In The Way



Most authors will tell you it is important to write daily. Unfortunately, that is not always possible. I am an elementary school teacher and there are two times of the year when I am so exhausted my brain cannot put together a single sentence. Those times are the beginning and the end of the school year. But that doesn't mean I put aside my writing career totally for those few weeks. Instead, I do "busy work." For example, I just finished going through decorating magazines and books to determine what furniture would go into each character's home. I also wrote down notes about this book and the next in the series. I also considered what I might do down the road for promotion. Tomorrow I might listen to a conference CD on the craft of writing while I get ready for work. Remember, there is more to being an author than just writing, so use those overwhelming times life throws at you to do the busy work.

Until next week,
Happy Writing!
Tina LaVon

No comments: