Sunday, August 29, 2010

Finding Balance



I cannot emphasize how important it is to find balance in your life.

Last night I attended my daughter's 22nd birthday party. Time really does go by fast. The little girls in the picture above remind me of her when she was younger. I fondly remember the times she jumped on my bed to wake me up, the hand print in plaster of paris, and her resting her head on the dog's back. When she was young I was so tired trying to be Supermom. I celebrated each event as she grew. "No more diapers! Hooray! No more daycare! Hooray!" Today, I wish I had taken more time to just watch her and make more memories. I make a point of doing that now even though she no longer needs me quite as much.

As writers, we often complain we don't get enough writing time. When we are struggling to add another chapter, page, paragraph to our stories, remember our first priority needs to be making memories with your loved ones. The next book will always be there. Your children are going to grow up and leave the house...eventually. I'm not saying to neglect your writing. Just make sure you look for that balance. Keep trying to have it all. Cherish your children, go for long walks with your significant other, tell your family members you love them.

Live life to the fullest!

Until Next Time,
Happy Writing!
Tina LaVon


2 comments:

PK HREZO said...

You are so right. My children are 5 and 4 and they challenge me when it comes to writing. It's a struggle. But I always think how fast it's going by. I don't want to miss a thing of their sweet little lives. No story is that important. Nothing in the world could be more important than those darling little angels who grace us for only a short while before venturing off to make their own mark on the world.

Tina Swayzee McCright said...

I am so glad you discovered this.