Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day



Memorial Day

It seems fitting this holiday weekend that we
take a moment to remember and thank
all of the people who fought for our country.

During these times of remembrance,
we usually give thanks for the soldiers who
have fought in our current or recent wars - and rightly so.
I thank these brave souls as well.

But I hope this Memorial Day, we also take time to
think about and thank the soldiers from long ago.

I'm thinking of the soldiers who fought to end slavery
in this country during the Civil War who are
often forgotten.

Also, the brave souls who fought during the
American Revolution who made this country
what it is today.

I also hope we will take the time to think
about and thank every person who gave support
to our soldiers.

War should never be glorified. It is always ugly, but
we also know to maintain freedom it is sometimes
necessary. So to all of you who have endured
the pain that comes with keeping this country free,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.




Until next week,
Happy Writing,
Tina LaVon


No comments: