Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ENCHANTING THE LADY & ENCHANTING THE BEAST are honored with...



My editor from Dorchester Publishing, Leah Hultenschmidt, kindly emailed me to let me know that Enchanting the Beast was nominated for Romantic Times BOOKreviews Reviewers' Choice Award in the Paranormal Historical category.

(I'm also thrilled to know that there is a Paranormal Historical romance category...what I write used to overlap several genres (historical, fantasy, paranormal, romance and sometimes you could even throw in a bit of mystery), and now it has one all to itself. Yay, RT! And, um, if that category existed before, blame me for living under my rock. And, maybe one day there will be a Historical Fantasy Romance category, which truly defines what I write.)

So with this announcement, I'd also like to congratulate my fellow authors in my Desert Rose chapter for their nominations as well: Linda Style, Pamela Tracy & Jennifer Ashley. With such stiff competition, I don't worry about actually winning...I'm just pleased to be listed among such fabulous talent!

And...

ENCHANTING THE LADY was also honored by placing first (a first for me!) in the 2009 VCRW Laurel Wreath contest in the paranormal category. Congratulations to all my fellow winners, and they are as follows:

2009 LAUREL WREATH WINNERS

SHORT CONTEMPORARY
1st place – Their Secret Child -Mary J. Forbes - Silhouette
2nd place – Finally a Bride - Lisa Childs - Silhouette
3rd place - Italian Doctor, Sleigh Bell Bride - Sarah Morgan - Harlequin

LONG CONTEMPORARY/ROMANTIC ELEMENTS
1st place – Windswept - Ann Macela - Medallion Press
2nd place – She’s On Top - Susan Lyons – Kensington Aphrodisia
3rd place – Blush – Opal Carew - St. Martin's Griffin

PARANORMAL/TT/FANTASY
1st place – Enchanting the Lady – Kathryne Kennedy - Love Spell
2nd place – The Accidental Demon Slayer - Angie Fox - Dorchester
3rd place - La Vida Vampire - Nancy Haddock - Berkley

ROMANTIC SUSPENSE
1st place – Out of Her League - Kaylea Cross - Wild Rose Press
2nd place – Pitch Black - Susan Crandall - Forever
3rd place – Conspiracy of Silence – Martha Powers - Oceanview

HISTORICAL
1st place –The Wagonmaster - Nita Wick – Freya’s Bower
2nd place –Unmasked - Nicola Cornick - Harlequin/HQN
3rd place - An Improper Aristocrat - Deb Marlowe - Harlequin

With Appreciation,
Kathryne

No comments: