Sunday, December 13, 2009

Using The Secret to Chase Aways the Doldrums




Recently I suffered from what I refer to as “the blahs.” The weather is getting colder, the days shorter, and I needed more sleep. During this time, I noticed The Universe kept sending me wonderful moments: My college roommate flew into town, students in my second grade classroom made me pictures with heart-warming messages printed beneath, and my sister was finally over her pneumonia and could take long walks with me again.

Reflecting on these moments, I remembered the teachers of The Secret believe your present is a reflection of your past thoughts and actions. If this is true, then those positive moments were sent my way because I’m usually a happy person. There have been a few occasions where I got the blahs and noticed wonderful moments kept coming my way. It felt as though The Universe was trying to maintain that happy state.

Aside from those touching moments, I needed an extra boost to restore my constant state of happiness. I did what I usually do during these times; I repeatedly watched The Secret DVD or left it running in the TV while I cleaned or cooked. I also listened to the audio version. On my way to work, I held the gratitude rock my writing partner gave me and listed dozens of blessings I am grateful for. Together, my efforts brought me back to my state of happiness.

I am sharing this only because sometimes we all get “the blahs” and need an emotional lift. This worked for me, it might work for you. I hope so.

This holiday season let’s all count our blessings whether you have a gratitude rock or not.

Until next week,
Happy Writing!
Tina LaVon

No comments: